Sunday, February 28, 2010

USA vs. Canada


Derek was downstairs watching the US vs. Canada hockey game today- the final event of the Winter Olympics. Abbi and I were upstairs fixing dinner. It amazes me that she can sit and watch me run around the kitchen and be completely entertained. Derek was hooting and hollering at the TV downstairs.

Well, USA tied it up with 24 seconds to go, so dinner was served in the family room. Derek was cheering between forkfuls of chicken and rice... when suddenly Abbi begain mimicking him. She was hollering at the TV too! Sooooo cute! Derek would yell and instead of getting startled she would yell-- REALLLY YELL!

The best/worst part was when Canada scored, ending the game and earning gold for them, silver for us, Derek was moping around and jeering at the TV. Abbi started to cry. She seriously started to cry and continued crying until I picked her up and carted her around the house.

I can't wait to see if she will watch sports with her dad when she grows up. :)

... just a quick little thought before I head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment