Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cereal





So I was talking to Derek the other day about Abigail starting solids.

Me: Abbi's four-month appointment is coming up pretty soon. The doc said we could start her on solids at four months.

Derek: (Makes grunting sound to assure me that he is paying attention... slightly)

Me: I am excited about having her try cereal!

Derek: Yeah, we will have to go out and get some Cheerios.

PAUSE...

PAUSE...

Me: Derek, what are you talking about???

Derek: We don't have any Cheerios. We will have to go out and buy some Cheerios the next time we go to the store.

PAUSE...

Me: Derek, she isn't going to eat Cheerios! (laughing out loud) Are you serious?!?!

Derek: What? All babies eat Cheerios.

Me: Yes, babies with TEETH eat Cheerios. I was talking about baby cereal.. rice cereal.

Derek: Oh... (bashful grin and slightly reddening face) Well, think about it. Every time you ever see a baby eating cereal it is Cheerios! How was I supposed to know?!?



hahahaha- I absolutely adore that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment